When you require a Building Control application
Applications must be made to Building Control to ensure buildings are designed and constructed in accordance with the Building Regulations.
The Building Regulations are a national set of regulations made under the powers of the Building Act 1984.
Help with Building Regulations
Get help with Building Regulations from:
the Local Authority Building Control (LABC) website which has information on when you require a building regulations application. You can also find Approved Documents which give a minimum standard of design and construction for new buildings, alterations and extensions.
The Planning Portal's interactive house which has common homeowner projects and building regulations guidance.
Information for builders
The Health and Safety Executive has produced leaflets for builders, providing guidance on a variety of topics.
Get in touch
Telephone: 01483 444545
We are here to help you.
- Submit a Building Control application
- Search for a Building Control application
- Types of application
- Demolition guidance
- Dangerous structures
- Site inspections
- Building Control fee calculator
- Interactive map of Building Control applications
- Partner Authority Scheme - join today
- Designers and builders
- CPD seminars
- LABC South East Building Excellence Awards 2019
- Completion certificates
- Search and comment on a planning application
- Comment on a planning application
When you require a building control application