We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We also set analytics cookies to help us improve it, this information is collected in a way that does not allow us to identify anyone. Find out more about our cookies and how to block them. Find out more about Cookies

Please do not send original copies of documents in the post to us.

What other documents do I need to provide?

Please read more for a list of documents you will need to provide.

Along with your application form you will need to provide copies of the following documents.

As stated, we do not want you to send original copies of documents in the post to us. However, if you choose to do so, please enclose a self-addressed envelope requesting for your documents to be returned. If you do not, all documents will be returned by ordinary 2nd class post. 

  • a proof of identity for all household members (this should be one of the following: a copy of a passport, birth certificate, or photocard driving licence)

  • a proof of current address (for example, a recent utility bill)

  • evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British citizen (for example, a passport and other relevant Home Office documentation)

You may also need to provide some or all of the following, depending on your circumstances and housing history:

  • proof that you no longer own, or have a financial interest in, a property in the UK or abroad, for example, a completion statement

  • proof of how you disposed of any equity you may have received from the sale of a property

  • proof that you do not owe money to a current or previous landlord, or if you do have a debt that you have an arrangement to repay it that you are adhering to

  • proof of your employment connection to the borough

  • proof of your family connection to the borough

  • proof that you are no longer the tenant of another social landlord