Our spacious chapel is surrounded by peaceful, beautifully maintained gardens and is situated on the edge of Guildford.
The chapel was opened in 1967 and is a multi-faith facility which can seat 100 persons with additional standing capacity.
Service times are 45 minutes apart. The time in the chapel for funeral services is thirty minutes with the additional 15 minutes allowed to prepare the chapel for the following service.
If you would like more time in the chapel there is the option to book a double time slot. If you would like to come and view the chapel prior to the funeral service, please call the bereavement services office on 01483 444711 to make an appointment.
The crematorium has a waiting room situated next to the chapel which can seat 14 and has a hot drinks machine. Toilets are connected to the waiting room. Toilet facilities are unisex with additional disabled and baby change facilities.
Crematorium Gardens of Remembrance
The crematorium gardens of remembrance are open during the following times:
- November, December, January 9am - 4.30pm
- February 9am - 5.30pm
- March and October 9am - 6pm
- April and September 9am - 7.30pm
- May, June, July, and August 9am - 8pm
Wesley music library
We offer the Wesley music library for funeral services held at Guildford Crematorium.
The library has over 300,000 items of music, including pop songs and hymns (choral and unaccompanied), traditional, orchestral and classical pieces.
The library is free to use and CD and DVD recordings of the funeral service are available at an extra cost. Visual tributes which can include music and photos of your loved one to be played during the funeral service can also be arranged at an extra cost.
Please contact your funeral director or the bereavement services office if you have any queries.
Check what music is available by using these links and selecting 'Guildford Crematorium'.
If you would like music added to the Wesley music library, please call 01536 314914. For general enquiries, call 01536 314900.
Crematorium documents for funeral directors and medical practitioners are in the Downloads section of this page. If you are thinking of organising a funeral service without a funeral director, please contact the bereavement services office at Guildford crematorium for guidance.
The crematorium car park has provision for approximately 60 cars. There are additional disabled spaces nearer to the chapel and an overflow car park can be found to the left of the main entrance.
The Cruse Bereavement Care website provides valuable help and information to the bereaved.
Surrey SANDS (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death) is a charity dedicated to those who have suffered the loss of a baby or child.
Visit the Department of Works and Pensions website for information on assisted funerals.
The Bereavement Advice Centre website has practical advice on matters concerning bereavement, including advice and information on probate, organising a funeral, registering a death, coroners, money and tax information.
New Pond Road, Godalming GU7 3DB
(If using Sat Nav, you may need to enter New Pond Road, Compton, GU7 3DB or B3000, Godalming, GU7 3DB.)
- Instructions for cremation [87.51KB]
- Application for the cremation of a person who has died (Form 1) [169.12KB]
- Abridged crematorium regulations [118.65KB]
- Ashes Instruction Form [880.29KB]
- Medical certificate (Form 5) [98.43KB]
- Medical certificate (Form 4) [151.13KB]
- Wesley Music Request form [43.74KB]
- Crematorium Grounds Map [182.39KB]
- Crematorium Grounds Map Leaflet [275.39KB]
- Policy statement for infant cremation [396.28KB]
- Guildford Cemeteries Fees and Charges 2018-19 [335.88KB]
- Guildford Crematorium charges 2018 - 19 [248.89KB]
- Memorial fees and charges 2018-2019 [357.08KB]
- Crematorium newsletter for funeral directors [195.28KB]