Applying by post
If possible, please use our online application process.
Fill out ourand send to the Private Sector Housing team. If possible, please include:
- A current gas safety certificate (if there is gas)
- The maintenance record for any automatic fire detection system
- Commissioning and/or Periodic Inspection certificate for the electrical installation
- A floor plan. This needs to show the size of the rooms (like the type used by estate agents). It does not apply to renewal applications.
- A licence fee of £758. Pay online, or call Customer Services on 01483 505050.
Licence fee discounts are available:
- £50 for accredited landlords who are part of the Guildford Lettings Accreditation Scheme
- £25 for members of another recognised landlords' association
We will inspect the property. After inspection, you'll get a draft licence, with any work needed, before we issue the licence. We'll issue your licence within 90 days. We'll write to you if we can't meet this target.
You can renew your licence using our