Leader announces her new Executive
The Leader of the Council, Cllr Julia McShane, has announced her new Executive team. This follows her own election as Leader at the Selection Council last week.
The Executive members and their portfolio responsibilities will be:
- Cllr Julia McShane: Leader, Housing
- Cllr Angela Goodwin: Engagement and Customer Services
- Cllr Catherine Houston: Commercial Development
- Cllr Tom Hunt: Deputy Leader, Regeneration
- Cllr Richard Lucas: Finance and Property
- Cllr Carla Morson: Community & Organisational Development
- Cllr George Potter: Planning, Environment and Climate Change
- Cllr Merel Rehorst-Smith: Regulatory and Democratic Services
The Executive consists of eight councillors from the Liberal Democrat group. It gained an overall majority at the local elections on 4 May 2023.
Leader of Guildford Borough Council, Councillor Julia McShane said:
"I am delighted to be working with the new Liberal Democrat Executive. We will be working to deliver on our pledge to ensure a greener, fairer, thriving future for all communities. We want Guildford and our villages to become even better places to live and work."
All the lead councillors will take up their portfolio responsibilities straight away.