Guildford in Bloom - #GIB2020
This year our Guildford in Bloom gardening competition and school gardening competition will be different to previous years. For 2020, we are running one gardening photo competition using social media.
Find out how to enter. The competition is open to all borough residents of all ages and our borough's businesses. We want you to post your photographs on your Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account and use the hashtag #GIB2020, and if you are school age, use the additional hashtag #guildfordsbloomingkids.
There are four competition categories:
- Garden Colour #gardencolour
- Vegetables #vegetables
- Wildlife #wildlife
- Wonky Veg #wonkyveg.
As well as using #GIB2020, we would also like you to use the category hashtag, so we know which category you have entered.
How to enter
- The competition is open to all residents and businesses within the Borough of Guildford.
- You can submit one entry per person, per category.
- Using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, post your photographs and details of the features of your garden, flowers or veg that you are most proud of. Don't forget to use the hashtag #GIB2020 and tag Guildford in Bloom. Also don't forget to let us know what category you have entered by using the category hashtag. If you are of school age, let us know by using #guildfordsbloomingkids
- Please note, by posting your photos with the hashtag #GIB2020, you are agreeing to Guildford in Bloom sharing them on our social media platforms and on our website.
- We ask you to only tag photos of your gardens, flowers or vegetables. Please do not include photos of people as, without your special permission, we will not be able to use them.
- The closing date is Sunday 19 July.
- Our judges will shortlist the top 10 entries. The top 10 will be put to the 'people's vote' for two weeks from 1 August.
- The winner will be announced on Monday 17 August.
- The winner will receive a £60 RHS Wisley gift voucher. The winner of #guildfordsbloomingkids will win a family ticket to RHS Wisley.
If you don't have social media, contact the Guildford in Bloom organiser at email@example.com.
Let's get Guildford gardening!
Guildford in Bloom's gardening competition is an important annual event in our borough, and each year we have many enthusiastic participants. Even though this year's competition will be a little different, we would still like to encourage you all to get involved!
Gardening is also an activity that offers many health and wellbeing benefits and something that all ages can enjoy.
Whether you have a window box, balcony, patio, garden or allotment, join us by growing something great and sharing your pictures!
On your marks, get set, go - let's get Guildford gardening!
Sponsors for Guildford in Bloom
- Barker and Stonehouse
- Chapters Financial
- University of Surrey
- Tunsgate Quarter
- Levanter Developments
- Clandon Park Garden Centre
- Experience Guildford
- Guildford Allotments Society
- Mount Alvernia Hospital
- Pub Watch
- Guildford Borough Council
- BBC Radio Surrey, Joe Talbot
- Guildford Shakespeare Company
- Vantage Point Magazine
- Visit Guildford
- Lauren Beckwith
- Guildford Fringe
- Guildford Beekeepers
- Albury Vineyard
- Vivace Chorus
Suki's School Gardening Award - in memory of Suki Lowres*
*Suki Lowres was a dedicated and cheerful member of the Guildford in Bloom Committee for many years and particularly enjoyed engaging with schools. She died in 2018 and her family will be helping to sponsor the Schools in Bloom gardening competition in her name.
If you would like to become a Guildford in Bloom Sponsor, please download a copy of our sponsors' application form from the Downloads on this page.
Guildford in Bloom gives you an excellent opportunity to promote your business while helping us keep the borough blooming.
You can sponsor a category, or become the major sponsor for the event.
Video showing Guildford in Bloom 2019 winners
Take a look at our Guildford in Bloom and Schools in Bloom 2019 round-up of all the winning gardens and allotments, plus the winners collecting their awards at the ceremony held in the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre.
Become a Guildford in Bloom Committee Member
Find out more on our Volunteering to help with Guildford in Bloom page. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01483 444715.
Guildford in Bloom volunteers
Find out about becoming a Guildford in Bloom volunteer on our Volunteering to help with Guildford in Bloom page.
Renting an allotment
Guildford Allotments Society manages 14 sites in and around Guildford in partnership with Guildford Borough Council.
If you are interested in renting an allotment then please apply online.