The draft 2017 rating list is available to view on the Valuation Office Agency website: www.gov.uk/voa/revaluation
We expect to have revised regulations for transition, small business rate relief and the relevant multipliers. However, these are not currently available. It is possible that the government will provide further information now the draft list has been published. Currently we expect that:
- There will be a transitional scheme to cushion the effect of changes in rateable value because of the revaluation
- The standard business rates multiplier will only be payable on properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or more
- Provided the other qualifying criteria are met small business rate relief will be available:
- At 100% on properties with a rateable value up to £12,000
- On a tapering scale for properties with a rateable value between £12,000 and £15,000
The government's consultation on proposals for the transition scheme from April 2017 has concluded and the full outcome can be downloaded from GOV.UK's Business Rates revaluation 2017 page.
Once we have further information we will publish it here.