Toggle menu

Slyfield community recycling centre closure

The Slyfield community recycling centre will be closed from 15 June to 30 June 2024 for essential maintenance. Find out more about alternative community recycling centres. (opens new window)

Taxi Licensing Privacy Statement

The information you provide on this form will be used by Guildford Borough Council for licensing purposes. We may share your information and make any other necessary enquiries regarding your application with other departments and statutory organisations in relation to the application. Your personal information will be processed in line with Data Protection legislation and we will not disclose information about you to anyone outside the Council unless the law permits or requires us to.

The Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers and to assist other agencies in the prevention and detection of crime. We may use the information provided on this form for this purpose, and share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds.

Under Section 51(3) Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976, the local authority is required to maintain a register of private hire drivers licences, including the following details which are available for inspection by members of the public: The name of the person to whom it is granted; the date on which and the period for which it is granted; if the licence has a serial number, that number. As Guildford Borough Council issues dual Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licences, the above applies to both.

We will retain your data for as long as it is required for our administrative use, after which it will be securely disposed of.

Further Information

If you have any questions about your data, privacy or the way the Council uses personal information, contact our data protection team.

If you believe we are not processing your data lawfully you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office