Toggle menu

Make changes to the electoral register

Your details must be up to date on the electoral register if you want to vote in any election. If you move house or change your name, you must let us know.

Tell us about a change of address or name

If you have moved house or changed your name, please let us know by:

Removing a person from the register of electors

If someone is registered to vote at your address, but no longer lives there, please let us know by filling in our Change of circumstances online form or email us.

Return any post we have sent them, clearly marked as 'not at this address'.

We will carry out a review and remove them from the register at your property. This may take several weeks, and they may receive post from us until the review is complete.

Removing someone from the register of electors will not remove their name from other public records, such as the council tax system, so you will also need to contact the Council Tax team directly.

Annual Canvass

Each year we write to, or email, every household in the Guildford area to check that the registration details held by us are accurate and up to date. This is called the Annual Canvass.