Find out about searches on a property
We can do an official search to find out what Local Land Charges apply to your property. There are many benefits to doing an official search:
- council staff have experience carrying out official searches. This means you can be confident they will not make any mistakes.
- we can find information about land which does not appear on the Land Charges Register. We'll give you this information in a CON29 form. Lots of this information is held in our own records, and not all of it is available to the public.
- the law covers you if we miss anything on an official search. You'll get compensation if anything goes wrong because of our mistake.
- we aim to provide 95 per cent of official land charges search results within three working days.
If you ask for a full official search, we'll give information set out on two forms:
The LLC1 form shows you any information in the Local Land Charges register. It will find specific charges which apply to a piece of land. These include:
- financial charges
- planning charges
- Tree Preservation Orders
- Land Charges made due to a previous breach of planning rules on the site
The CON29 form shows you general information about a piece of land. This includes:
- planning history
- notices (such as an enforcement notice) which affect the property
You can request either of these forms individually.