Toggle menu

Find out about searches on a property

Other searches

If you don't want to pay for an official search, there are other ways to access the Local Land Charges Register. You can either look through it yourself or ask us to do an informal check.

Assisted personal searches

We can check the Land Charges register informally for you. Use our online support form (opens new window)  or call us on 01483 505050 to request this kind of search. Make sure to include:

  • the details of your property
  • a site plan showing the boundary of the land

We'll give you information from the Land Charges register (£32) and information which is usually on a CON29 form (£7.20 per question). 

Personal searches

If you wish to carry out a personal search on a property, email the address of the property and a plan to The Local Land Charges register for the property will then be emailed to you. Please allow three working days for us to respond.

This type of search means you will only find information which would be on an LLC1 form. You will not find all CON29 information, but you can look through statutory registers, including:

  • the planning register
  • the highways register

Environmental Information Regulations

The law states you can access any environmental information we hold for free. This includes the Land Charges register and some of the registers we use to answer CON29 questions. To search this information, complete our online support form (opens new window)  or call us on 01483 505050. You'll need to book an appointment to view the register electronically at our office. Appointments can be made between 9am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.

Not all environmental information is dealt with by the Customer and Case Services Team. To answer CON29 questions, make a formal request to our Information Rights Officer instead.

Make a request to view environmental information.