Apply for a pavement licence
What you need to know
Pavement licences currently expire on the 30 September. You will need to make a new application to extend your licence to the 30 September 2023 . The new licence will have the same terms and you will have to pay the fee which is £100.
- you must be a food business to apply for a pavement licence. This can be selling food on or off your premises
- we will make a decision on your licence within seven days
- you cannot appeal a refused licence
- you will not get a refund if your licence is refused
- your application will be automatically granted if we do not make a decision
- the licence will last until 30 September 2022. If your licence expires then you need to make a new application to extend it to the 30 September 2023 . The new licence will have the same terms and you will have to pay the fee which is £100.
The pavement licence on its own does not allow you to trade. You must apply for:
- a premises licence if you are selling alcohol or late-night refreshments
- a club premises certificate if you are supplying alcohol
- a street trading consent if you are selling items in the street. This includes selling food or drink
We offer pre-application advice on this licence.
You can view our recently received pavement licence applications.
The application fee is £100