Planning performance agreements
What is a planning performance agreement?
Planning performance agreements (PPAs) help people apply to build major developments. We have a tailored project management framework to help people apply. We also help people follow any conditions attached to the planning permission.
We offer agreements to major applications for residential or commercial projects. The application has to involve one of the following:
- the winning and working of minerals or the use of land for mineral-working deposits
- waste development
- the provision of properties where
- the number of properties to be provided is 10 or more, or
- the development is to be carried out on a site having an area of 0.5 hectares or more and it is not known whether the development will provide more than 10 properties
- the provision of a building or buildings where the floor space to be created by the development is 1,000 square metres or more, or
- development carried out on a site having an area of 1 hectare or more
These conditions are taken from Article 2 of the Interpretation Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015/595 (Part 1 Preliminary).
Both parties need to agree on a PPA. They include:
- a dedicated Development Management Specialist for the project
- meetings to help develop the proposal
- help from other teams or officers where necessary
For bigger projects, we also collaborate on:
- developing ideas
- developing local plan documents which support the project's delivery
- considering any reserved matters or conditions in the application