Toggle menu

Your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts will be offline

From 4pm on Friday 31 March until 5pm on Monday 3 April you will not be able to access your council tax, benefits or business rates accounts on MyGuildford. This is whilst we run our year end processes. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Adapting your home

What are adaptations?

Adaptations are physical changes that can be made to your home to meet a health or disability need. Adaptations can be:

minor such as:

  • handrails at steps
  • grab rails

major such as:

  • stairlifts
  • walk-in showers

These works are designed to help keep people safe and independent at home.

What you need to know

Most people referred for an adaptation will need to be seen by an Occupational Therapist (OT) or Bathing Advisor (BA). The OT or BA will assess the person at home or in a clinic locally. They will then make recommendations based on the individual's needs. Some referrals for small works (minor adaptations) may not need an assessment.

Our Adaptions Team can:

  • carry out adaptation work in a council owned property

The Care and Repair Team can:

  • assist if someone lives in a privately owned or rented property

Who can apply?

If you have a permanent health problem or disability you can ask for an assessment. If you know someone who's having difficulties you can refer them for an adaptation.