Toggle menu

Apply for or amend a premises licence

What is a premises licence?

We can grant a premises licence for a business supplying alcohol or entertainment or late night refreshment, on or off the premises. You can view any recently received applications.

Where the sale or supply of alcohol is carried out at your premises you will also need a personal licence.

Licensable activity includes:

  • selling alcohol
  • serving alcohol to members of a private club
  • providing entertainment, such as music, dancing or indoor sporting events
  • serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am

If you carry out any licensable activities at your premises without a premises licence, you can be fined, sent to prison for up to 6 months, or both.

Before preparing any premises licence application, you should read the following:

Statutory guidance (opens new window)

Licensing Act 2003 (opens new window)

Guidance for the Protection of Children from Harm (opens new window)

We offer pre-application advice on this licence.