Toggle menu

Flood alert for Upper River Wey

There has been a flood alert issued for Upper River Wey in Guildford. Find out more about flood advice.

Apply for a personal licence to sell alcohol

Apply for a personal licence

You must apply to the licensing authority for the area where you live, not the licensing authority where you work. We are the licensing authority for Guildford.

You will need to log in or create an account with the Licensing and Regulation portal. From there you can apply for a personal licence. 

The following documents are needed to submit your application:

  • a photograph of the applicant which has been signed on the back as a true likeness of the applicant by a solicitor or a person in the community or an individual with a professional qualification. You must upload both the picture side and the signed side of the photograph
  • proof of a licensing qualification or proof that the applicant is a person of prescribed description information found in Section 120(8) and (9) of the Licensing Act 2003
  • a criminal records disclosure which is no more than 28 days (4 weeks) old. You can get this online from the Disclosure and Barring Service. You will be given a consent number and a certificate number which you will be asked to enter during the application. The Council will not accept a paper certificate using this online application
  • proof of the right to work in the UK

Apply for a personal licence (opens new window)

If this expiry date shown on the licence is before 1 April 2015, you will need to apply for a new licence. If it shows an expiry date on or after 1 April 2015 then the expiry date no longer applies. If you wish to update your licence to remove the expiry date, you will need to follow the same process for amending your licence as set out below.