Adapting your home
Get advice before applying
Who you need to contact for home adaptions advice will depend on the property you live in.
Council owned property
If you live in a council owned property you will need to contact us for advice.
- call the Adaptions Team on: 01483 505050
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privately owned or rented property
If you live in a privately owned or rented property you will need to contact the Care and Repair Team for adaptions advice.
The Care and Repair Team can:
- give advice on what you need
- check if you're eligible for a disabled facilities grant (DFG) or home improvement grant
- get a surveyor to draw up a scheme to meet your needs
- help find contractors to get the best price
- supervise contractors' work
Adaptions for children
If you need to make adaptations to your home for a child you will need to contact Surrey County Council.
Contact details are:
- phone: 0300 470 9100
- email: email@example.com