Tell us about an issue with your council tax bill
When can I appeal?
If you disagree with any decision we make on your council tax, you can appeal against it.
You can appeal if you think:
- you should not be responsible for council tax on a property
- your property should be exempt from council tax
- the amount you have to pay is wrong (for example, you have applied for a reduction but we have not awarded one)
- your property is in the wrong council tax band; or
- the date we have given on a completion notice is wrong
Appeal your council tax band
The gov.uk website provides guidance about appealing a council tax bill or fine. Follow this guidance to appeal against your council tax band.
Appeal a completion notice
If you do not think your property was finished, or could have been finished, by the date we have given, contact us. If we cannot agree a new completion date, you can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal Service. You must do this within four weeks of us sending you the completion notice.