Toggle menu

Flood alert for Upper River Wey

There has been a flood alert issued for Upper River Wey in Guildford. Find out more about flood advice.

Tell us about an issue with your council tax bill

When can I appeal?

If you disagree with any decision we make on your council tax, you can appeal against it.​

You can appeal if you think:​

  • you should not be responsible for council tax on a property​
  • your property should be exempt from council tax​
  • the amount you have to pay is wrong (for example, you have applied for a reduction but we have not awarded one)​
  • your property is in the wrong council tax band; or​
  • the date we have given on a completion notice is wrong​

Appeal your council tax band

The website provides guidance about appealing a council tax bill or fine (opens new window). Follow this guidance to appeal against your council tax band.

Appeal a completion notice

If you do not think your property was finished, or could have been finished, by the date we have given, contact us. If we cannot agree a new completion date, you can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal Service (opens new window). You must do this within four weeks of us sending you the completion notice.