Toggle menu

Register for council tax

Register for council tax

If you've moved into the borough for the first time, you need to provide us with some details. It's quick and easy to do. ​We can then set up your council tax account and issue you with a bill.​

Your previous council

We cannot inform your previous council that you have moved. If you have not already done so, visit their website to find out how you can report your move. Make sure you close your council tax account with them.​

Find the website of your previous council (opens new window) and input the postcode of your previous property into the search.

You may also be due a refund from them. This is if the amount you paid this year is more than you needed to pay.​

If you're not leaving Guildford borough, you can change your address within the borough.

What you need to tell us​

  • the date your moved into your new address​
  • the date your tenancy started if you are renting, or the date you purchased the property​
  • details of the adults you are living with

Register for council tax (opens new window)