Toggle menu

Flood alert for Upper River Wey

There has been a flood alert issued for Upper River Wey in Guildford. Find out more about flood advice.

Empty homes

How does the council deal with empty homes?

When a property has not been lived in for two years or more, the council can apply for an Empty Dwelling Management Order (EDMO). We do this if it is clear that the owner has no plans to bring the property back into use.

If we get the order, we can take over the running of the property and bring it back into use, using the powers of the order. We will try to work with property owners to assist them to bring the property back into use, before considering formal enforcement action.