Toggle menu

Change your address for council tax

Change your address for council tax

If you already manage your council tax online, you can change your address online quickly and easily. 

You'll need to:

  1. log in to your MyGuildford account (opens new window)
  2. click the 'council tax and benefits' tile
  3. select 'continue' on the 'view other services' page
  4. select 'council tax' on the 'your services' page
  5. on your account summary page, find the list of quick links.
    • if you're using a computer or laptop these will be on the right-hand side of the screen
    • if you're using a mobile device, click 'quick links'
  6. In the list of quick links find 'tell us you have moved'
  7. fill in the form telling us:​
  • the date you move into your new address 
  • the address you are moving to
  • the date your new tenancy started if you are renting, or the date you purchased the property
  • details of any adults you are living with

Once complete, we'll update your council tax account and issue you with a new bill for your new address.​

If you've overpaid at your old address, we usually use the credit to reduce what you owe at your new address. Your revised bill will tell you what your new instalments will be.

Start managing your council tax online

To manage your council tax online you'll need to:

To link both accounts you'll need:

  • your council tax account number - found on your latest bill
  • your name exactly as it appears on your council tax bill
  • postcode of your property
  • national insurance number if you:
    • have applied for Local Council Tax Support
    • are named on a council tax support application

Watch our video to find out more about linking your council tax account and your MyGuildford account.

Once linked, follow the steps above to tell us about your change of address.