Pay your business rates
Pay your business rates by direct debit
Direct debit is the easiest way to pay. It is simple, safe and you only need to give us your details once. It is backed by the direct debit guarantee.
We will ask for payment from your bank on the second day of the month. Or on the next working day if the second day of the month falls on a weekend or public holiday.
You can set up a direct debit online if you have a MyGuildford account. If you don't have an account, registration is quick and easy.
Register or sign into your MyGuildford account
If you have not yet registered to access your business rates account online, there are more steps. You can then link your online business rates account to your MyGuildford.
To complete this step, you will need the following information:
- your business rates reference number - found on your latest bill. Do not include the "X" when you enter the reference
- the postcode of your Guildford property
Once you have linked your account, you can go to the 'account summary' screen. You will see a list of 'quick links' on the right-hand side. You should select the 'change my method of payment method' link.
You will need the following information to set up your direct debit:
- the name and address of your bank or building society
- the sort code and account number for your bank or building society account. You will need the reference number for some building society accounts
- if your business account requires multiple physical signatories, you will need to complete a paper mandate.
Once you have submitted your direct debit details, we will contact you if we need further information.
We aim to make the change to your account within 10 working days and issue your new bill in the post.