Find out when we clean main roads
We clear litter on the A3 between the Ripley turn-off at the junction with the B2039 along to Milford. The Department for transport clear litter north from the Ripley junction to the borough boundary.
The cleaning takes place on a scheduled basis. We cover the whole length twice a year. The central reservation is cleaned as part of these planned mobile closures. This operation takes place at night to minimise disruption to motorists.
The A3 is only cleaned with traffic management in place. Regular litter picking and bin emptying is scheduled for lay-bys.
Planned litter clearing dates
- Monday 10 July to Thursday 13 July 2023 (4 nights)
- Monday 4 September to Thursday 7 September 2023 (4 nights)
- Monday 16 October to Thursday 19 October 2023 (4 nights)
Completed litter clearing
Monday 22 May to Thursday 25 May 2023 (4 nights)
- 1,060kg of litter
- Our sweeper collected 5,900kg of detritus
Monday 17 April to Thursday 20 April 2023 (4 nights)
- 1,280kg of litter
- Our sweeper collected 5,260kg of detritus
Monday 27 February to Thursday 2 March 2023 (4 nights)
- 1,460kg of litter
- Our sweeper collected 11,060kg of detritus
Monday 17 October 2022 to Wednesday 19 October 2022 (3 nights)
The planned closure on Thursday 20 October was cancelled. This was due to poor weather.
- 1,120kg of litter
- Our sweeper collected 10,380kg of detritus