Council Tax £150 energy bill rebate
What you need to know
In February, it was announced that council tax payers who live in a band A to D property will receive a one-off payment of £150. The payment is to support households with rising energy costs.
Who is eligible?
You are eligible if:
✔ you're a council tax payer on 1 April 2022 for a property
✔ your property is within council tax bands A - D
The criteria for the payment is:
- your property is your sole or main residence
- your property is not exempt from council tax or a second home. Some households with exemptions will still qualify such as:
- those occupied by students
- severely mentally impaired
- occupied solely by under 18 year olds
- annexes occupied by a dependant relative
- the person who pays the council tax is not:
- a local authority
- a corporate body or;
- other body such as a housing association
- the government or governmental body
Only one payment will be made to a household. Owners or occupiers of 'Houses in Multiple Occupation' will not receive a payment.
If you pay by direct debit
We have paid almost all the energy rebate payments to customers who pay their council tax by direct debit. If you pay by direct debit and receive a letter from us asking you to apply you can use the form to apply.