Toggle menu

Register a person and/or premises to provide skin piercing treatments

What you need to know

If you want to carry out the following treatments:

  • acupuncture
  • tattooing
  • semi-permanent skin colouring (including lip liner, eye liner, microblading, micropigmentation)
  • cosmetic piercing (includes, ear, nose, body piercing and micro needling)
  • electrolysis

and they are:

  • carried out as part of a business
  • carried out at a domestic or business premises

You must register with us. You need to tell us:

  • the premises where these treatments are carried out
  • about each person who carries out the treatments

A separate application form and fee apply for each premises and individual practitioner.

Read our  cosmetic piercing frequently asked questions (Word doc) [48KB] .