Toggle menu

Technical issues with our payment system

We are experiencing some technical issues with our payment system. Some customers may have issues processing payments. We are currently not taking payments for garden waste renewals while we look into the issue. We are working hard to fix this as soon as possible and apologise for any inconvenience.

Waverley resident permits

Godalming and Farncombe resident permit

Visitor and residential parking permits are currently taking 7 working days to process.

You can apply for a permit even if your property has off-street parking.

If your property has no off-street parking, you can apply for up to two permits.

Permit charges

The charge for the first permit is £80 and £100 for the second.

What you will need for your application

To complete your permit application you must show:

  • proof of residency with your name and Waverley address
  • your vehicle registration document (VC5) with your name, Waverley address and document details

Proof of residency can be a:

  • utility bill
  • bank statement
  • tenancy agreement
  • council tax statement
  • mortgage statement

If your VC5 is not up to date or is not available immediately, you may send us the vehicle insurance certificate.

If we have not seen your proof of residency or VC5 document, we may still accept your application. Instead of providing you with a full permit, we may send you with a temporary 30-day permit.

This will cover you until we receive all your documents.

Find your permit zone

Table showing parking zones for Godalming and Farncombe residents
LocationZoneSigns and road markingOperational hours
Church Street
Cow Lane
Mill Lane
Mint Street
Mpermit holder only signs with no road marking8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday
Station Road
The Mint
Mpermit holder signs with road marking8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday
Brighton Road (14-85)
Carlos Street
Croft Road
Holloway Hill (evens only 18-28)
Latimer Road
Pound Lane (16-23)
South Street
Town End Street
Underhill Close
Upper Queen Street
Npermit holder only signs with no road marking8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday
Victoria RoadPpermit holder only signs with no road marking8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Saturday
Grays Road (Farncombe)Qpermit holder signs with road marking8.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday

Apply for a resident permit

To complete an application form, click on the button below.

Apply for resident parking permit

Once we have checked your application, we will contact you to let you know the outcome and what to do next.

Pay for a resident permit

If you have received an email approving your application, your next step is to pay for it online:

Pay for a resident permit

Once your payment is complete, you will receive an email confirming that we have received it. We will process your permit and sent it to you in the post.

You must ensure that your permit is visible in your vehicle at all times.

Pay for a renewal

To pay to renew your existing permit, click on the button below.

Renew your resident permit

Update the details of a resident permit

To tell us that your details have changed, print and complete our  change to details of a resident permit (PDF) [232KB] form.

Once you have completed the form, you will need to return it by post and include your:

  • current permit
  • new vehicle registration document (V5C) stating your name and address

Your form and documents will need to be addressed to: Customer Services, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford, Surrey GU2 4BB

If you are unable to complete the form, please call our customer services on 01483 505050.

When updating your permit there may be a refund or extra charge if the size of your vehicle's engine or fuel type has changed.