Hot air balloon launches
What you need to know
Shalford Park is the only site for hot air balloon launches.
You'll not be able to launch a hot air balloon without written confirmation from us. The penalty for launching without permission before is £305 per launch.
Further information and guidance
For more advice on organising a safe and successful event, or visit the HSE website.
Based on a maximum of 25 launches per year the fees are:
- a one off hire charge is £196
- annual hire charge (maximum of 25 launches) is £708
How to apply
To apply to launch a hot air balloon you need to:
- fill in our launch a hot air balloon in Shalford Park form
- read our
- sign the declaration
- fill in our or provide your own risk assessment
- attach a copy of your Public Liability Insurance certificate
- share with us your Air Operator's Certificate number. Operators of passenger hot air balloons must be licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority.
You can email your application and supporting documents to email@example.com
What happens next?
Once we've received your balloon launch application and supporting documents, we'll:
- check your application
- write to you and confirm the fees and charges
- let you know about any additional requirements
- provide you with the 'licence confirmation'
- invoice you for the hire of the park