Toggle menu

Flood alert for Upper River Wey

There has been a flood alert issued for Upper River Wey in Guildford. Find out more about flood advice.

Report a change that may affect your council tax

Report a change to a tenanted property

If you're a landlord that rents property, you should tell us when your tenants change.

Even if you're not the bill payer, you may be liable for a charge if the property is empty for more than seven days. 

Read our council tax information for landlords page for more information.

Report a change to a tenanted property

You'll need to tell us:

  • the landlord's name, address and contact details
  • the address of the tenanted property
  • the date that the tenant vacated
  • the date that new tenants moved in, or whether the property is still empty
  • the type of tenancy offered
  • whether the tenants are students

Give us as much detail as possible.

Report a change to a tenanted property

Tenants moving into a vacant property

If you're a landlord paying council tax on a vacant property you need to report when tenants move into the property.

What happens next

If you're the bill payer and the amount of council tax you need to pay is affected, we'll send you a new bill. If you've reported new tenants moving into the property, we'll send them a bill.