Completing your paper direct debit mandate
If you have multiple signatories for your council tax or business rates direct debit you cannot apply online.
You will need to fill out a paper mandate form.
The form will ask:
- the name of your bank or building society
- the address of your branch
- the names of the account holders
- the sort code of the bank or building society
- your account number
- the reference number for the account, if you are setting up a direct debit for a building society account
All signatories for the account must be dated and signed black or blue ink.
Once you have completed the form, you can sign into your MyGuildford account . Click on the council tax or business rates button. Go to the account summary screen. Select the 'upload information or tell us about something else' link.
You can take a photo of the form and upload it to this form. Make sure that the photo is clear and the details you have written can be read.
You should enter 'direct debit mandate' in the free-text box and click submit.
What happens next?
We will process your direct debit and send you a revised bill in the post.