Tell us about an issue with your council tax bill

If you think your bill is wrong we will review it. Contact us if:

  • the amount of the council tax bill is wrong 
  • you shouldn't be charged council tax for your home
  • the bill is addressed to the wrong person 

Email us at or send an appeal about your bill to Guildford Borough Council, Millmead House, Millmead, Guildford GU2 4BB.

Tell us why you think your bill is wrong. We will then review it and either correct your bill or write to you to say why it does not need changing. If an agreement is not reached, the appeal can be sent to the Valuation Tribunal for England, which is an independent organisation.