Problem with your Council tax bill?

If you think your bill is wrong, tell us. You may wish to challenge your Council Tax bill if you think:

  • The Council Tax bill is addressed to the wrong person for your home.
  • Your home should not be charged Council Tax (is exempt).
  • The amount of the Council Tax bill is wrong (eg a discount hasn't been given).

In the first instance, all appeals must be addressed to Guildford Borough Council. Please detail why you believe your bill is wrong. We will then review your liability and either correct your bill or write to you to explain why it is does not need changing.

In the event that agreement cannot be reached, the appeal can be referred to the Valuation Tribunal, which is an independent body.