Chapel and facilities information
Our newly redeveloped Crematorium has been thoughtfully redesigned to create a very peaceful place for people to remember their loved ones.
We have a range of services to choose from (for the latest fees, please see our).
Service type and cost
Description of service
Coffin in advance
8 to 8.30am
Guildford crematorium was rebuilt in 2018/19 based on a design featuring stunning courtyards and courtyard gardens.
Additional planting surrounds a new reflection pool, providing a peaceful and meditative environment filled with different colours and scents throughout the year.
We recognise that every funeral service should be arranged to suit individual needs. Services can be religious or non-religious in nature and as formal or informal as you wish.
The chapel space features a stunning vaulted roof, which allows natural light to create a calm and uplifting environment. The building uses an array of natural materials, including Oak and York stone and can accommodate 132 people seated.
There is additional space for larger services in the chapel lobby and waiting room. Both of these areas have screens from which people can view the service.
The chapel has a flexible seating plan with chairs that can be arranged according to the size and type of service required. Underfloor heating makes this a warm and comfortable space.
A screen at the front of the chapel allows the display of visual tributes during the service. This can be organised through your funeral director. Anyone with a hearing aid may access the T loop system by setting it to the T position.
The main car park has space for 103 cars with overflow parking provided nearby.
See arrivals diagram below, showing access route to the chapel and car park.
Disabled parking spaces are provided near the chapel entrance. Electric car charging points are also available.
Toilets with disabled and baby change facilities are located by the main car park (Remembrance Court) and also by the chapel waiting room. The site is designed to be fully accessible to all.
Our waiting room has comfortable sofas and chairs and a screen to watch the service in the chapel if this is required. The room is next to the toilet facilities with a view of our courtyard garden and the approaching funeral cortège.
The waiting room has plenty of seating and hot drink facilities.
Crematorium Gardens of Remembrance
The crematorium gardens of remembrance, book of remembrance and flower room are open during the following times:
- November, December, January 9am - 4.30pm
- February 9am - 5.30pm
- March and October 9am - 6pm
- April and September 9am - 7.30pm
- May, June, July, and August 9am - 8pm
Wesley music library
We offer the Wesley music library for funeral services held at Guildford Crematorium, see our Helping you organise a funeral service page for more information.
Crematorium documents for funeral directors and medical practitioners are in the Downloads section of this page.
If you are thinking of organising a funeral service without a funeral director, please contact the bereavement services office at Guildford crematorium for guidance.
New Pond Road, Godalming GU7 3DB
(If using Sat Nav, you may need to enter New Pond Road, Compton, GU7 3DB or B3000, Godalming, GU7 3DB.)
- Cemetery fees for residents [204.76KB]
- Cemeteries fees non residents [204.87KB]
- Instructions for cremation, and ashes form [223.82KB]
- Wesley media library charges [20.83KB]
- Applicant authority to convey the deceased [137.04KB]
- Application for the cremation of a person who has died (Form 1) [169.12KB]
- Abridged crematorium regulations [118.65KB]
- Medical certificate (Form 5) [98.43KB]
- Medical certificate (Form 4) [151.13KB]
- Wesley Music Request form [43.74KB]
- Crematorium Grounds Map [182.39KB]
- Crematorium Grounds Map Leaflet [275.39KB]
- Policy statement for infant cremation [396.28KB]
- Memorial fees and charges 2019-2020 [223.01KB]
- Crematorium newsletter for funeral directors [195.28KB]
- Crematorium fees [215.65KB]
- Crematorium list of services [353.11KB]