Sutherland Memorial Park
A beautiful, award-winning green space with a fully-equipped playground and wide variety of sports facilities.
Open green space
Children's playground - Recommended ages 4 - 14
All of the sports facilities at Sutherland Memorial Park are available to hire by organised clubs and individuals alike.
These details may change subject to demand.
- Football - Two full size (11-a-side) grass football pitches, two 9-a-side grass football pitches, two 7-a-side (junior) grass football pitches and four 5-a-side grass football pitches.
Please note, all of the grass football pitches are dual purpose, therefore we cannot guarantee availability.
- Astro turf football / tennis - three 5-a-side Astro turf football pitches (no full size Astro turf pitches available). These courts are also used for tennis, subject to football bookings.
- Cricket - one cricket pitch
- Multi-use games area
Tennis court bookings
All tennis court bookings must be made in advance during office hours. Players will be issued with a code to unlock the gate at the time of booking the court.
Our Ranger Team is not able to take bookings out of office hours or collect cash on the day.
For further information on how to book, please see our Sports pitches and courts page.
Children's playground, recommended ages 4 - 14.
- Multi-use climbing area
- Obstacle course
You can hire the park for your commercial or community events. Recent events include music concerts, food festivals, outdoor cinemas, community fetes and sponsored walks. If you would like to discuss your event plans please see our page about the hire of public parks and open spaces.
If you want to know what events are taking place, please see our what's on calendar.
- Public toilets
- Main pavilion with two separate changing blocks with showers and toilets - available to sports hirers only
- Small cricket pavilion with showers and toilets - available to sports hirers only
6 disabled bays
Coach parking available
5 hour free parking limit between 6am to 5pm. Parking can be extended up to 7 hours for £5 and £9 for over 7 hours (weekdays only)