We use necessary cookies to make our site work. We also set analytics cookies to help us improve it, this information is collected in a way that does not allow us to identify anyone. Find out more about our cookies and how to block them. Find out more about Cookies

Help with Council Tax

Get Local Council Tax Support information, and find out about property exemptions, plus what to do if you think there's a problem with your Council Tax bill.

Council Tax discounts and reductions

Find out about Council Tax discounts and reductions.

Council Tax property exemptions

Find out if a property is exempt from Council Tax.

Empty homes

When a home becomes unoccupied and unfurnished, it will be exempt for seven days, then a full charge will be due. Find out more.

Problem with your Council Tax bill?

If you think your bill is wrong, tell us and we will review your bill.

Council Tax Care Leaver Discount

If you are a Surrey County Council care leaver under 25 years old and paying us Council Tax, we may be able to reduce the amount you pay.