Our Building Control service is independent, impartial and not for profit.
Our highly qualified and experienced staff make sure that buildings are constructed to meet the standards set out in the Building Regulations.
We are committed to providing all our customers, from householders to major developers, with a proactive, efficient, reliable, high quality, value for money service.
We are members of Local Authority Building Control (LABC), the UK's leading national Building Control service and locally the LABC Surrey network. These networks help partnership working, sharing best practice and consistency in building regulation interpretation. We are also a member of the LABC Partner Authority Scheme where you can submit applications to us for work throughout England and Wales.
Based in a central location, our office is no more than 12 miles away from any site in the borough.
Why choose us?
- experienced and qualified staff - our professionally qualified and experienced team of Building Control surveyors have many years' experience between them working on a wide range of projects of all sizes and complexities.
- detailed knowledge of the local area - being locally based, we have extensive knowledge of ground conditions and site history that can prove invaluable to the success of your project.
- efficient inspection service - same day site inspection service (if you contact us by 9.30am on 01483 444545).
- value - our service is charged at cost.
- access to professional advice and expertise - we offer free pre-application advice and ongoing assistance through to completion of your application.
- proactive and strong working relationships - we liaise closely with Surrey Fire and Rescue Service, LABC and also local engineering firms who provide us with advice on a range of structural matters.
- quality - we continually monitor our performance and have achieved an industry recognised standard for Quality Assurance, ISO 9001:2008.
- online submission service - our online submission service is available 24 hours a day and we provide a Building Control fee calculator for your application.
- added value - we organise CPD seminars and training updates for local agents, architects, builders and contractors, aiming to inform attendees about important changes to building regulations and legislation. (CPD certificates are issued following attendance).
- warranties and developer services - we can offer competitive structural warranties and a complete range of complementary services covering structural and fire engineering consultancy, acoustic testing, energy calculations through the LABC Warranty and LABC Consult.
Building Control passes quality assurance recertification audit
Well done to our Building Control team who successfully passed an external audit for quality assurance with no non-conformities raised by the auditor. The team retains its quality assurance accreditation with the auditors' conclusions as follows:
Well-established aware system based on local authority/governmental building control regulations/directives overseen by qualified, professional staff. No concerns raised.
ISO is the international standard that provides the requirements for a Quality Management System that focuses on the effectiveness of Building Control's processes to meet customer requirements and also encourages continual improvement.
LABC South East Building Excellence Awards
These annual awards celebrate excellence in all types of building projects and recognise collaborative working between designers, contractors, clients and local authority Building Control teams.
The 2017 LABC South East Building Excellence Awards are now open for entry, with a closing date of Friday 24 February 2017. If you think you have a winning project which will be completed by the end of 2016 and you would like to enter, contact us on 01483 444548 or by email email@example.com or visit the LABC Building Excellence Awards website. The closing date for the South East Region is Friday 24 February 2017.
Get in touch
Telephone: 01483 444545
We are here to help you.
- Search for a Building Control application
- Submit a Building Control application
- Types of application
- When you require a Building Control application
- Site inspections
- Demolition guidance
- Dangerous structures
- Building Control fee calculator
- Interactive map of Building Control applications
- Partner Authority Scheme - join today
- CPD seminars
- LABC South East Building Excellence Awards
- Completion certificates
Are you planning a new year building project? Contact Guildford Building Control for advice 01483 444545 or firstname.lastname@example.org days ago