Join the housing register
Who can apply to be on the housing register?
You can apply for council housing through us. You'll usually have to join a waiting list and you're not guaranteed to get a property.
You can apply to join the housing register if you:
- have a right to live in the UK
- are aged 16 years or over
- have a housing need listed in our allocations policy
- have lived in the borough for 3 years or longer
We will send you a letter or an email if you have been accepted on the housing register.
This will tell you:
- the band you have been placed within
- the date your application has been registered from
- the size of property you are eligible for
Please read thebefore you submit your request.