Toggle menu

Access our services using MyGuildford

Due to high levels of service requests and applications, our phone lines are much busier than usual. The quickest and easiest way to access our services is by registering for an account at MyGuildford or visiting our self service pages. You can report an issue, make requests and track progress, pay your bills and apply for key services at any time.

Get the latest government advice about coronavirus. Advice for local residents and business can be found on our coronavirus information page.

Adapting your home

Major adaptations

These are changes to your home that involve building work. An occupational therapist will assess if you need major adaptations or equipment. They will check if your home can be adapted to meet your needs. They may decide it would be better to find you somewhere different to live. An occupational therapist will assess for the following adaptations:

  • stairlifts
  • lifts
  • bath lifts
  • over bath showers
  • walk in shower or wet room
  • door widening
  • wheelchair accessible kitchens
  • hard standings, this is a hard material on the ground to park on 
  • ramps and steps
  • extensions

The occupational therapist will recommend the adaptations needed and how urgent they are. Depending on budget, we may not be able to carry out all the recommendations.