Adapting your home
Are there any adaptations we can't carry out?
Yes, these include:
- building a mobility scooter store room
- showers in sheltered accommodation (where there are communal facilities already suitable)
- adaptations for friends or visitors
We may say no to requests for adaptations if:
- there is a more suitable property available
- you have applied to buy your home under the right-to-buy scheme
After the work is finished?
We will send you a customer questionnaire. Your feedback helps us to improve the service we provide.
Will my council rent increase as a result of the adaptations?
We will only put up your rent if we have made your home bigger or increased the number of rooms. Some adaptation could result in lower council tax.
How long will it take to get the work done?
We aim to have your home assessed by an occupational therapist within four weeks of your enquiry. The occupational therapist will give us their recommendations. We aim to have any work completed in six to eight weeks. This could be much longer for major adaptations.
Appeals and complaints
We will respond to any appeals or complaints in line with our complaints policy and procedure.